[csw-maintainers] [csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs xpdf, xpdf_utils

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Fri Apr 9 22:03:03 CEST 2010

On 2010-04-06 00:11, Philip Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Benjamin von Mossner<benny at opencsw.org>  wrote:
>> Hi Phil,
>>
>> due to the conflict between CSWpoppler and CSWxpdf (#0004390)
>> xpdf is now split into two separate packages.
>>

> well hold off there...
> this doesnt properly resolve it.
> poppler is the one abusing the namespace. poppler is the one that
> needs to split.
> particularly since it was previously split anyways.

This most surely is the proper way to solve it.
As I've stated before, poppler is a fork of the xpdf code, so why should
we decide which is the proper "pdftotext".
If you take a look at other dists, some have both xpdf, xpdf_utils and
poppler(_utils) where poppler(_utils) and xpdf_utils are providing the
same things, i.e are incompatible and the users get to choose which to
install.