[csw-maintainers] [csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs py_hachoir_core, py_hachoir_parser

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Wed Apr 28 00:32:31 CEST 2010

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote on 27.04.2010 19:55:
> No dia 27 de Abril de 2010 17:31, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
>> huh.
>> it would appear that the "core" was already named normally, but the
>> parser was not.
>> even though the "software name" already had the py prefix.
>
> Yes, it has fallen through the cracks.  I had the right thing in mind,
> but missed the pkgname.
>
> I'm planning on adding a check for it.
>
> Dear maintainers, what do you think about the following:
>
> If a package installs stuff into /opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages,
> checkpkg will require the pkgname to begin with CSWpy-" and
> catalogname with "py_".  If there are larger packages with just a
> couple Python files, a Python subpackage might be separated out (which
> usually is a good practice anyway) and prefixed.  If there are
> exceptions (such as pythonsvn), overrides can be used.
>
> Thoughts?

Sounds good. Helps to embed standards into the packaging workflow itself
rather than to rely on people being aware of every tiny detail (yeah I
know, they should be aware about the py_ prefix, but well).

Does checkpkg already support explanations for thrown errors so that
people can get a descriptive error message?

Sebastian