[csw-maintainers] arbitration request

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 3 02:08:46 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Mon Aug 02 19:15:42 -0400
2010:

> >There is no value in having this link. Coreutils
> > could delete it without loss in functionality even when you
> > removed
> > your links.
>
> I dont think there is no loss in functionality. But if you do think
> that... then by all means please remove the link from coreutils,and
> we'll move on! :)

Phil, your fix is broken.

Dago and I agree on this as does the maintainer of the software in
question.  Your "fix" causes more work for all involved and breaks
allowed functionality.

You've put your ego first and abused your position as the release
manager to attempt a sabotage of any solution but the one you've put
forward by releasing your "more consistent" version of the package out
of step with any agreed upon changes to coreutils.  In doing so,
you've inconvenienced many users as evidenced by the bug reports about
this in the last 2 days.

I hereby make a formal request to the OpenCSW board to institute a
non-partisan arbitration for this issue.  I will accept whatever
resolution this group arrives at.

[And Phil, your habit of hijacking discussions out of public sight is
really annoying...]

Thanks