[csw-maintainers] Need for additional documentation

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Thu Aug 12 11:22:53 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Jeffery Small <jeff at cjsa.com> wrote:
> When I was compiling packages under the old system, I used to include
> this information in on the webpage for the packager in the News (I think
> that was what it was called) section.  There really ought to me a "Special
> Instructions" section added to the current web page which just has this
> important information, like tweaking configuration files, starting services,
> selection between alternatives, etc.

I agree, the package browser should include this. If I remember
correctly this was actually done in Mantis and then linked from the
package browser.

We don't have that now on the new web site but it was broken ever
since the split even on the old web site. That's one of the reasons I
started the wiki. Feel free to make notes there if you wish.

http://wiki.opencsw.org/packages

--
/peter