[csw-maintainers] Need for additional documentation

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Aug 12 23:58:28 CEST 2010

On 8/12/10, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:

> I think this kind of info is better to have separated from the actual
> package. It's fine to have it included in the package and even
> displayed during install but it's more important to make it available
> online.
>
> That's also what Jeffery asked for. Now we're trying to make some
> complicated mechanism instead because that's what we like to do. The
> obvious and easy way to do this is to write a note on the wiki.

Hmm. I didnt see where Jeffery asked for the external note. I read
that he commented how that's how he USED to do things in his own
packages: put notes in the "news" section of mantis.
(unfortunately, I think the link from our "packages" page to the
mantis news page for that package, no longer exists)

but seemed like he was explicitly asking for an "at install time" nag,
not the external thing.