[csw-maintainers] need of an additional directory tree under /opt/csw

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 17 17:15:12 CEST 2010

Dom <dlaigle at opencsw.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> To start a thread we didn't have time to talk about during the summer
> camp, I'd like to install some additional dependencies within the CSW
> tree.  Indeed, I have to recompile the WxWidget package with g++ for
> at least TWO packages, and I think it'd be better to install it under
> something like -say - /opt/csw/extra-dependencies-gcc instead of
> embedding it twice into both packages.
>
> Any thoughts ?

Dominique,

You mentioned this but we didn't spent time on. Here are my 2 euro
cents:

- create a clearly identified package containing WxWidget compiled with
  g++
- depend on the previously created package your new packages

The issue of where to install the dependency package is not clear for me
but it seems to be to be similar to the alternatives approach, i.e., I
have 2 similar packages and I choose on which to depend, both being
installable simultaneously.

--
Peter