[csw-maintainers] Updated postfix packages (2.7.1) in experimental/, testing appreciated

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 17 18:36:32 CEST 2010

Hi,

after ages(eseses) I finally tackled the postfix package upgrade and an
updated package (2.7.1) is now available from experimental/.

  http://mirror.opencsw.org/experimental.html#skayser
  pkgutil -t http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/experimental/skayser -i postfix

Quite a few changes went into it, most notably, postfix doesn't touch the
system sendmail binaries any more. It just installs alongside sendmail and it's
up to the user to take further actions (README.CSW has details). Also the spool
location has changed from /opt/csw/var to /var/opt/csw to make postfix
zone-friendly.

As the version bump is a bit substantial, I do appreciate any testing and
feedback that you guys / postfix users out there can provide. I am planning to
then publish a polished package during the next few days.

The full list of changes:

  * Adopted and updated to 2.7.1. (Closes #3580, #3700, #3970)
  * Moved spool directory to /var/opt/csw/spool/postfix. (Closes #3946)
  * Added Cyrus SASL support. (Closes #2843)
  * Added hash table support via bdb. (Closes #2097)
  * Init / SMF handling now done with cswclassutils. (Closes #3946)
  * Now depends on pcre_rt instead of pcre. (Closes #3017)
  * Binaries in /opt/csw/libexec/postfix are now stripped. (Closes #3063)
  * Doesn't automatically substitute system sendmail binaries any more.
    Please refer to README.CSW instead. (Closes #1943, #2964, #3060)

Sebastian