[csw-maintainers] Updated postfix packages (2.7.1) in experimental/, testing appreciated

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Aug 17 18:57:38 CEST 2010

On 8/17/10, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:

> In addition to this package I would like to provide a postfix_simple
> package which is a feature-stripped version without a big dependency
> chain. Similar to what Ihsan provides on his own [1].
>
> Are there any objections to or thoughts on this? The GAR recipe [2]
> already supports building this alternative package by setting
> 'BUILDTYPE=simple' on the commandline, so it's just a matter of running
> the build twice.

I think it's a great idea. Just please allow the two packages to
co-exist, rather than conflicting with each other.
There's more than one way to handle the layout thereof; completely
separate trees, or "alternatives" based binary overlays, or possibly
something else entirely. (lazyloading the libs, and not
force-depending on them?)
Please pick whatever method you find least offensive :-)