[csw-maintainers] [csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs rssh

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 24 02:07:00 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Mon Aug 23 18:43:47 -0400 2010:

> Incidentally, I tested and committed the changes into gar trunk for
> cswclassutils, and was going to put a test package out for folks...
> but now it's whining about stuff and I have no idea how to fix it.

gmake makesums;
<update version number in Makefile>
svn ci -m 'cswclassutils blah blah'

It was the makesums bit that stopped things from working[1].  It may
have worked prior to your commit if you hadn't done a `gmake
clean|spotless` in the meantime (eg: the cookie was already cached for
the makesums step).

We had previously decided to split this package into per-classutil
packages with classutils itself depending on all the sub-packages...I
guess now is the time to do that?

HTH.
-Ben

[1] I was going to rip the makesums stuff out, but it proved to be a
    much more invasive change to GAR than I'd expected and testing it
    stalled.