[csw-maintainers] GAR and checksums

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 24 11:16:48 CEST 2010

Hi Ben,

Am 24.08.2010 um 02:07 schrieb Ben Walton:
> [1] I was going to rip the makesums stuff out, but it proved to be a
>    much more invasive change to GAR than I'd expected and testing it
>    stalled.

Please stand by. I have changed my mind about taking checksums out:
there are a couple of packages which rely on upstream packages
without version number. To ensure that the file which goes into
the package is the right one the checksum is the only check
available.

I suggest adding a more meaningful error message like

    The checksum of the file abc-1.2.tar.gz does not match the checksum
    in the repository. Please verify the correctness of the download or
    update the checksum file with
      gmake makesums