[csw-maintainers] Updated findutils package (4.4.2) in experimental/, please test

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Aug 26 19:28:12 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Gordon Marler's message of Thu Aug 26 13:07:36 -0400 2010:

Hi Gordon,

> The failed tests are explicitly documented in the Makefile, if they
> are deemed important enough to fix.  At least 4 of them appear to be

If any of the errors are surrounding ACL (permission denied stuff),
you may want to look at the patch I carry (for now, it's in upstream)
with coreutils.  It's a gnulib fix that handles an extra error
condition with the permission setting routines.  I _think_ that
findutils is also using gnulib and if it's not a current enough import
there, it likely suffers from the same error that coreutils did.

Other than that, nice to see an update to this.  Will you be providing
your own /opt/csw/gnu links?  I'd appreciate you adding them so that I
can drop those links from the CSWgnulinks package.

HTH.