[csw-maintainers] Work for prospective maintainers: Weighted Buglisting. Orphaned packages?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 31 08:48:10 CEST 2010

Hi Phil,

Am 30.08.2010 um 22:36 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org
> > wrote:
>> there's a prospective maintainer whom I would like to present with a
>> list of possible packages which are up for adoption or worth
>> working on.
>>
>> The weighted buglisting still seems to be online [1], any chance to
>> have
>> it integrated into the new website (include + a bit of CSS)?
>> Further, is
>> the list of orphaned packages ("no maintainer") still available
>> somewhere? Wasn't able to find it just now.
>>

> There is a difference between completely "orphaned" and "maintainer
> has retired".
> The list of truly "orphaned" packages is very short: ntop and libnet
>
> http://www.opencsw.org/maintainers/orphaned/

There must be some mistake, the list always contained around 30
packages.

William: Could you please verify the list against the database state?

> The list of "packages last touched by a retired maintainer" is
> considerably longer.
>
> Much, Much, longer :(
>
> The "biggies", are
>
> kerberos

90% done, some tests still failing, help needed for integration.

> php
> samba
> kde
> qt
> gcc4

Peter Felecan offered to work on it.

> gnome
> sasl

Also 90% done, also help needed.

> zope
> squid

Updated in GAR, some testing needed.

> xfce (not "officially" orphaned, but hasnt seen an update in 4 years)

Umh, AFAIK William had an update with a minor problem concering
dual head on Sparc, wasn't it? ;-)

> plus a bunch of miscellaneous packages, and 120 random perl modules
> (pm_xxxxx)

Fair enough, we can bump them fast. Do you have a list? The Perl team
wants
to squash them in no time!