[csw-maintainers] Oddity with Runpath and GCC4 on Solaris 10 x86

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Dec 6 09:42:49 CET 2010

No dia 6 de Dezembro de 2010 08:27, Dagobert Michelsen
<dam at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> Hehe, with the background of a perfectionist it would of course be
> nice if checkpkg could detect this :-)

Definitely, and I'm going to do implement this check.  There are 2
major problems I have to solve first:

- the 64-bit symlink resolution mechanism in checkpkg does feed back
the information that a symlink was used.
- checkpkg does not understand architectures, and it now thinks that
64-bit binaries link to 32-bit libraries at runtime.  By coincidence,
all the 64-bit libraries happen to be in the same packages as
identically named 32-bit libraries, so checkpkg gives the right advice
(although for a wrong reason).  In Geoff's case, this limitation would
prevent checkpkg from detecting the issue, because checkpkg would
think that that binary uses a 32-bit library, which does not require a
symlink.

The first two are the biggest, because they need some API changes.
There's also a generalized version of the solution, where you could,
in any check, feed back the information that "your package under
examination CSWfoo requires the file /opt/csw/bin/bar to function
properly, and here's the reason", and internal checkpkg mechanisms
would later go and find which package does that file belong to, and
display all that information at the end of the run.

I've already filed tickets in trac.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/ticket/38
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/ticket/39