[csw-maintainers] Oddity with Runpath and GCC4 on Solaris 10 x86

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Dec 6 12:24:49 CET 2010

Hi Maciej,

Am 06.12.2010 um 11:36 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> No dia 6 de Dezembro de 2010 10:21, Dagobert Michelsen
> <dam at opencsw.org> escreveu:
>> Hi Maciej,
>>
>> It should be made a GAR built-in. Maybe like this?
>>  DISTFILES += CSWmypkg.releasemgr
>>  EXTRA_PROTOTYPE_INFOFILES_CSWmypkg = releasemgr
>
> To refer to the same file as CSWmysql.foo and foo is slightly
> unintuitive.  I'd say:
>
> EXTRA_INFOFILES_CSWmypkg = foo
>
> This would imply DISTFILES += CSWmypkg.foo (no need to specify separately)

Implying something in DISTFILES is always a bad idea as it means
that the contents is always present as a file. IMHO it should
be left to the maintainer to either distribute it in files/ or
generate it dynamically in the Makefile.

> Alternatively:
>
> DISTFILES += CSWmypkg.foo
>
> This would imply EXTRA_INFOFILES_CSWmypkg = foo.
>
> I like the latter more, because you refer to the exact file name you
> put into the files/ subdirectory.

So for me also a favor for the second solution.

One last question: When I read INFOFILES I think of texinfo-files,
or at most pkginfo, but not prototype "i"-files. Maybe we can get
some more informal votes on the best name?