[csw-maintainers] voting mechanisms proposal

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Dec 10 17:56:39 CET 2010

2010/12/10 İhsan Doğan <ihsan at opencsw.org>:
> On 12/10/10 05:44 PM, Philip Brown wrote:
>
>> The current voting mechanism proposed by Ihsan. is that two people be
>> designated as "vote counters", and then members who wish to vote, then
>> email their votes to those two people.
>> I think we can do better.
>>

>> http://www.ballotbin.com
>
> The only thing where we have to be 100% sure is, that only Association
> members are voting.

As long as the the "voting administrator" has a list of emails for
Association members", then only those people will get invites to vote
in that poll. Other people will not be able to vote.
(and you can only vote if you actually recieve the email, with a
randomly generated key, I think)

(and if a member does not receive an invite, they can of course always
mention to the maintainers list and the voting admin can resend or
whatever)