[csw-maintainers] Oddity in maintainer listing

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Sun Dec 12 13:41:02 CET 2010

Hi

I sent my first answer only to Dago, oops :) I resend it to the list and
make it more complete.

Shawn is flagged as active in the CSW database. Thus he is in the list
of active maintainers on the web site. If you want to remove it, it has
to be done in the database. The web site is only displaying its content.

mysql> select status from maintainers where maintainer = "shawnf";
+--------+
| status |
+--------+
| Active |
+--------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Who is the owner of this database ? Phil ?  Can I do some modification
in the DB to fix it ?
>> Dagobert Michelsen wrote on 12.12.2010 12:00:
>>> I noticed Shawn Fletcher
>>>    http://www.opencsw.org/maintainers/shawnf/
>>> is listed as active although he has no packages. Would you mind having a look?
>> Same for prabakaran Thirumalai, Liu Siwei, and possible a few others.
Same answer :) The web site is only displaying the content of the dabase.
> Is this a spam and/or result of a WordPress attack? Or just obscurity
> from morning paranoia...
That's paranoia :) Don't pay attention to the black helicopter over your
house and take two more red pills, you will feel better ;)

This part of the site cannot be subject to a wordpress attack. To do so
the database should be accessible from the outsite and it is not. It's
used as a read only source for the web site. Of course it does not means
that there is no way to modify it, but not using wordpress. You need
access to the mysql server itself.

cheers
W.

--