[csw-maintainers] dovecot packaging file collision

Jake Goerzen jgoerzen at opencsw.org
Tue Dec 14 21:24:09 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm working on updating the CSWdovecot, CSWdovecot-devel,
CSWdovecot-sieve packages.
The current dovecot gar recipe creates a file collision with the sieve
plugin files between CSWdovecot and CSWdovecot-sieve pkgs.  In the
recipe the GAR variable is set:

PKGFILES_CSWdovecot-sieve = .*sieve.*

I would expect this to put the right files in the CSWdovecot-sieve
package which it does, except the files are also put in CSWdovecot
package as well.  Thus creating the file collision.  A few possibilities
on how to move forward:

1) figure out how to get the recipe to do the right thing

2) move the CSWdovecot-sieve plugin into its own gar build recipe
separatly instead of the post-package hook

3) depreciate the CSWdovecot-sieve package since the sieve files are
already installed with the CSWdovecot package

I like option 3 but I don't use sieve.  However, sieve should work just
fine this way.

Thanks,
Jake