[csw-maintainers] automatic listing of opencsw mercurial on the mercurial homepage?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Dec 20 18:32:52 CET 2010

On 12/9/10, rupert THURNER <rupert.thurner at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> after dropping a mail onto the mercurial mailing list that our new
> 1.7.2 package is available i got below mail.
>
> does opencsw participate in such a procedure like described below,
> where our download url would end up in a javascript:
> http://mercurial.selenic.com/sources.js ?

This sounds like a one time "register the thing with selenic" thing.
There isnt so much of a "participation".

It would be very nice if our mecury package maintainer (*cough*) would
submit the requested file to them :)

Based on the url given, it looks like you would just provide a couple
of lines, which would then get included in their "latest.dat" file, to
autodetect, "Hmmm, I see your browser is running on 'Solaris'. Here
are the registered providers of 'Solaris packages'"

The only non-trivial thing, is in deciding what url to give them.
The easy choice, would be
http://www.opencsw.org/packages/mercurial .

Once we (William?) fix up our "packages" page to make it more obvious
at the top of the page,
 [blink][bold][blue] To download a working package, Do
This...[/blue][/bold][/blink]

It looks like our mercurial package has on the order of 15 required
dependencies.