[csw-maintainers] Dependencies on SUNW packages (was: newpkgs libslp1, openslp_devel)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Dec 24 00:32:11 CET 2010

On 12/23/10, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Thu Dec 23 12:59:41 -0500 2010:
>
>> its annoying unless, as I said, it's a "rare" package.
>
> What about a checkinstall script?  This is a rare item, I think we all
> agree, so a one off script that detects whether or not a SUNW package
> (and possibly a solaris release specific one at that) is present might
> be the best way of handling it?

Again, its the opensolaris problem. If you want to be NICE to opensolaris
(and presuming opensolaris properly supports checkinstall scripts)
then best you can do, is check for existance of the actual required
file(s), and if not present, then and only then suggest "hey you need
to install the equivalent of SUNWxyz"