[csw-maintainers] CSWX packages

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Dec 24 13:28:25 CET 2010

Excerpts from James Lee's message of Fri Dec 24 07:09:37 -0500 2010:

> I don't have a problem leaving /usr/lib/sendmail in situ and system
> programs like /usr/bin/mail work via sendmail when exim is the MTA.

Wouldn't this imply the requirement for a working sendmail config
though?  (At least for any site that does things above and beyond push
this mail out any way you can...)  At the very least, you'd then need
to force queue runs for sendmail periodically in the event it couldn't
fire off an immediate delivery for some reason.

> It's better to fix programs that assume system paths rather than
> alter the system paths.

And for things like /usr/sbin/cron that has /usr/bin/mail hardcode
which in turn hardcodes /usr/lib/sendmail...?

This is getting specific to a mail replacement setup, which is my
personal itch, but not the only issue to consider in this realm.

Thanks