[csw-maintainers] cupds crashes

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Fri Dec 24 23:45:16 CET 2010

moved from pkgreleases

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 10:31 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> No dia 24 de Dezembro de 2010 00:31, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
>>>Just to make sure: Do you know what the current problem (with cupsd in the
>>>catalog) is?
>>

>> Not sure what you mean by that.
>
> I meant mantis bug 4634:  https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=4634

that sort of thing is usually due to one or more of:

a) cupsd was compiled against version X of some lib, but is being run
with version X+1, which is not compatible
b) cupsd was *designed* against version X of some lib, but is being
run with version Y, which is not compatible
c) compiler bugs
d) code bugs.

I think you have ruled out a)

b) is a possibility. you might consider using openssl instead of
gnutls if possible, and see what happens.
Or more carefully check release notes for "This works with version X of gnutls".

c) seems kindasorta indicated also. you might switch to gcc to
experiment. Or, try a different version of Sun CC

d) is most likely from what I see. I suspect its a GNUTLS-specific
part of the cups tree that has a problem.