[csw-maintainers] Suggested description check for checkpkg

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 29 15:54:52 CET 2010

Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> writes:

I'm not so fond of this kind of restrictions. Parser can be made
"smarter" at small cost...

> 1. double colons. GAR adds module names with hyphens, not double colons.

Why is this bothering you? Isn't the repetition of the Perl module name
which bothers you? IMO Having double colons in the description is not
the issue.

> 2. more than one instance of " - " (space hyphen space).

The ' - ' sequence is the field separator for description. Considering
only the first one is not difficult: the first field is the effective
first field, the second field is the possible concatenation of the
remaining fields and the corresponding separators. I do that a lot in
awk:

field1 = "";
field2 = "";
for(i = 1; i <= NF; i++)