[csw-maintainers] RFD: Releases and staging proposal

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 2 17:26:45 CET 2010

One of the larger topics during the Wintercamp in Zurich was the
release schedule: how do we get a new stable?  Last weekend, I sat
down and wrote up a document describing the release proposal.  It
describes the initial problem, the target mirror layout and the
release process.  It also has a plan of how do we get there.  Here's
the link:

http://wiki.opencsw.org/releases-and-staging

I'd like to thank all the people who helped by discussing,
copy-editing and reviewing the document.

What do people think about this design?  Should we modify it?  Should
we implement it?  Please discuss.