[csw-maintainers] GAR: archall - a new checkpkg module

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 5 10:53:35 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 05.02.2010 um 09:00 schrieb Roger Håkansson:
> Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote:
>> I spoke about this today with
>> Phil on IRC, there may be devel packages with architecture related
>> settings.  I need to hunt down some of them and build checks based on
>> some examples.
>
> I don't think you can make it totally foolproof unless you have access
> to both ARCH-packages and diff them as part of the release procedure.

Please stop trying to make devel-files ARCHALL. It can't be done if
you have 64 bit because you have arch-specific directories. If the
app has devel-files at all it sounds like some other apps may rely
on it and than we already decided to provide 64 bit libs just in
case. And the few 32 bit ones are not worth the effort with only a
few kbs of mirrorspace to gain.

IMHO the risk outweighs the gain here.