[csw-maintainers] [GAR] Overrides implemented

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Feb 7 00:56:56 CET 2010

I've implemented overrides for the modular checks in checkpkg and
committed it in r8367.  It's a relatively major change from the
previous workings of the modular checks.  Here's a summary of changes:

- modules no longer report failed tests via the system exit code
- modules have a new command line flag, "-o", which tells which file
to use for output
- errors aren't reported when individual modules are running, they're
reported later
- a lintian-inspired simple minilanguage is used to communicate
between modules and the central part of the code
- it's possible to override a certain type of check, no matter what
file it concerns, for instance "license-missing"
- it's also possible to override only a specific file, for instance:
missing-symbols foo.so
- override files live in /opt/csw/share/checkpkg/overrides/<catalogname>

The documentation is at http://wiki.opencsw.org/checkpkg - it has a
section explaining how to create overrides.

There's not GAR integration yet, I'll talk to Dago about it.  I'm sure
it'll be easy to use.

In case of any problems, please e-mail me, or talk to me on the IRC
channel.  If I'm not around and you need to get your stuff going,
revert to r8366.