[csw-maintainers] pkgrequests better on Mantis

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Feb 8 22:11:17 CET 2010

Hi Phil,

Am 08.02.2010 um 19:13 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> we just got another package request. I propose to collect
>> package requests in Mantis. This way it is cleanly tracked.
>> After the package has been released the "bug" can be moved
>> over the new category and the original submitter gets
>> notified automatically when the package is released.
>>
>> Comments?
>
> My comment is that this will leave us with a WHOOOLE lot of "bugs" in
> mantis that will never get closed.

They will be closed when the package is added. I see nothing wrong
with that.

> Plus, someone still has to either update the reuqested packages page,
> or make it autogenerate from the mantis bug filings. which means that
> they will have to manually clean up any "improperly" filed bugs.

Just point to the pkgrequests section in the bugtracker. The bugmanager
can sort out dupes.

> if you, or someone else, wants to take on this responsability.. fine with me!
> I just know that I dont want to do it.

Yes, I do it. Please add a new category and adjust the webpage. I'll then
add all old pkgrequests as bugs. BTW, are these archived? I would like to
add the original email adresses of the submitters.