[csw-maintainers] cswclassutils: location of template init scripts

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Feb 8 22:37:40 CET 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 6:04 AM, James Lee <james at opencsw.org> wrote:

> I agree with this.  I say the package should deliver to /opt/csw and
> user and local data files should go in /etc/opt and /var/opt.  Template
> configuration files break this logic, the package might also lay out
> directories in /etc/opt and /var/opt.

BTW: for those people who might point out, "but we already do delivery
 of other templates to /etc with cswXXXXconf"... I dont actually like
that. The initial implementation was a quick hack, but I think we can
do better.
I think we should offer an additional cswclassutils class, to copy
 a  foo.conf.CSW  from /opt/csw/[???] to /etc/opt/csw/
Unfortunately, I havent found the time to write such a beast myself
yet. Keep meaning to, but, ya know... :}
But if anyone else would like to, please jump in.

(It might even be a modification of one of the existing cswpreservconf
type utils, where it allows for a comment in the file to specify
preferred directory target. Just a thought, I dunno)