[csw-maintainers] confused with build-global and build-isa...

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 9 14:38:48 CET 2010

Hi Jake,

Am 08.02.2010 um 23:43 schrieb Sebastian Kayser:
> Jake Goerzen wrote on 08.02.2010 22:52:
>> Hello, I want to copy a file from $FILEDIR/ to "where GAR extracted
>> the source" for example:
>>
>> post-extract:
>>        @cp $(FILEDIR)/Makefile $(WORKDIR)/Makefile
>>        $(MAKECOOKIE)
>>

>> When I do this the file gets copied to
>> work/solaris8-sparc/build-global.  however, the source was extracted
>> to work/solaris8-sparc/build-isa-sparcv8/gkrellm-2.3.4/
>>
>> Isn't there a GAR variable that expands to the correct path?  I
>> thought $WORKDIR was it?
>
> should be WORKSRC instead of WORKDIR (see [1]) and I usually use
> post-extract-modulated, I am not quite sure whether the latter makes a
> difference though. In case the problem persists, please submit the
> build
> recipe so that others can have a look at it.

The rationale is that post-<phase> is called after all modulations
have been executed. The rule for that is then called post-<phase>-
modulated.
I have been thinking lately that the idea of allowing phase-wide rules
are bad, mainly because of the independency of modultions to run
separately
and thus breaking sync points. I also talked about that during my
presentation
on SummerCamp 2009 in Oslo linked from here:
   http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/wiki/Learning%20the%20details

Additionally, everything from FILEDIR is either copied or unpacked to
$(WORKDIR), so what you supposedly want is
   cp $(WORKDIR)/Makefile $(WORKSRC)/Makefile

If you have any further questions about GAR or why something has been
done
the way it is please don't hesitate to ask.