[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] what is different on buildfarm? mercurial tests take long - or fail

rupert THURNER rupert at opencsw.org
Mon Jan 4 20:48:07 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 10:33, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Rupert,
>
> Am 02.01.2010 um 12:18 schrieb rupert THURNER:
>>
>> while testing mercurial-1.4.2 i noticed that the tests take long - or
>> forever on build8s. and they fail with network errors on build10s.
>>
>> as i did not have time to wait if they end at 8s, i breaked them and i
>> tried 1.4.1 as well, which also did not complete in a reasonable time.
>>
>> so i wonder what might cause this. the new python? the new ipv6? something
>> else?
>
> You may want to try test8s which doesn't have the novelties above.
> If you want to have net access from the build machines you have to
> use a proxy.

huhm .... the results are differing with the version built on build8s:
1. test8s, see below and http://mercurial.pastebin.com/m41cc23ac
2. build8s, see http://mercurial.pastebin.com/m6ed3c83a, just times ot / stops

should we try to change one parameter by one, and rerun the tests?

rupert at login:~
$ ssh test8s
rupert at build8st:~/hg-crew-8s/tests
$ python run-tests.py -j 30
Skipped test-convert-p4: missing feature: Perforce server and client
Skipped test-convert-bzr-ghosts: missing feature: Canonical's Bazaar client
Skipped test-inotify-issue1208: missing feature: inotify extension support
Skipped test-highlight: missing feature: Pygments source highlighting library
Skipped test-casefolding: missing feature: case insensitive file system
Skipped test-convert-bzr-merges: missing feature: Canonical's Bazaar client
Skipped test-inotify-issue1371: missing feature: inotify extension support
Skipped test-convert-bzr-directories: missing feature: Canonical's Bazaar client
Skipped test-convert-tla: missing feature: GNU Arch tla client
Skipped test-inotify-dirty-dirstate: missing feature: inotify extension support
Skipped test-convert-bzr-114: missing feature: Canonical's Bazaar client >= 1.14
Skipped test-inotify-debuginotify: missing feature: inotify extension support
Skipped test-convert-svn-branches: missing feature: subversion python bindings
Skipped test-convert-svn-move: missing feature: subversion python bindings
Skipped test-convert-bzr: missing feature: Canonical's Bazaar client
Skipped test-convert-svn-tags: missing feature: subversion python bindings
Skipped test-inotify: missing feature: inotify extension support
Skipped test-convert-baz: missing feature: GNU Arch baz client
Skipped test-convert-svn-startrev: missing feature: subversion python bindings
Skipped test-convert-svn-source: missing feature: subversion python bindings
Skipped test-convert-bzr-treeroot: missing feature: Canonical's Bazaar client
Skipped test-inotify-issue1542: missing feature: inotify extension support
Skipped test-convert-svn-sink: missing feature: subversion python bindings
Skipped test-inotify-lookup: missing feature: inotify extension support
Skipped test-convert-darcs: missing feature: darcs client
Skipped test-convert-p4-filetypes: missing feature: Perforce server and client
Skipped test-convert-hg-svn: missing feature: subversion python bindings
Skipped test-convert-mtn: missing feature: monotone client (> 0.31)
Skipped test-inotify-issue1556: missing feature: inotify extension support
Skipped test-gendoc: missing feature: Docutils rst2html tool
Skipped test-convert-svn-encoding: missing feature: subversion python bindings
Skipped test-no-symlinks: system supports symbolic links
Failed test-convert-cvs: output changed
Failed test-subrepo-svn: output changed and returned error code 2
Failed test-patch-offset: output changed and returned error code 2
# Ran 361 tests, 32 skipped, 3 failed.