[csw-maintainers] Upstream check for sourceforge not working?

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Mon Jan 4 22:36:05 CET 2010

Hi Roger

Could you please tell me which packages have problems ?

> Anyone else noticed that there is something wrong with the upstream
> check for sourceforge packages?
There are a some packages which have a problem with the upstream check.
There are at least two known bugs.

. If catalog name is different from garname, then the maintainer will
not always be reported accurately.

. Some url are just not working...

I'm still working on a new version. Maybe for early february.
> I haven't gotten any mail regarding updated sourceforge packages in a
> while now and when I runt "gmake check-upstream" manually I don't get
> any output at all.
This can be normal... once you have run check-upstream, a timestamp is
created. If you run gmake check-upstream again, it will not report
anything if the version has not changed. You should do a gmake clean
before running it again.

cheers
W.

--