[csw-maintainers] Ganglia for sparcv9

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 7 21:51:00 CET 2010

Hi Daniel,

Am 28.10.2009 um 18:04 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
> I've added
>
> BUILD64 = 1
>
> to my Ganglia package Makefile, so that I can build 64 bit support.
>
> This is important because Ganglia makes calls to kstat and that needs to be done from 64 bit code when running on a 64 bit kernel.
>
> However, I'm finding that some dependencies are not 64 bit.  The key ones that I am currently stuck on:
>
> /opt/csw/apache2/lib/libapr-1.so.0

Ok, this is done now.

> /opt/csw/lib/sparcv8/libsasl2.so.2

I have prepared the package, but as I don't use I need testers. Do you have
experience with SASL?

> /opt/csw/lib/sparcv8/libnet.so

This is a hard one as I wrote before:
Roger did some work towards it, but didn't finish updating the library.
You can read about the troubles he ran into by following this thread:
 <http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2009-March/001625.html>

> Can anyone assist with this or make any comments on these issues?

Ihsan: For rrdtool I just opened a case for 64 bit libs:
  <http://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=4119>

Looks like we are getting closer...