[csw-maintainers] libtool rearranges linker arguments and puts -L/opt/csw/lib last

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 10 15:42:35 CET 2010

Excerpts from Sebastian Kayser's message of Sun Jan 10 05:54:24 -0500 2010:

> The problem went away. There still is a downrev libtool in $(WORKSRC)
> which seems to get re-generated by ./configure, but looking at the build
> logs its the /opt/csw/bin/libtool which now takes care of the linking.

Given the issues we constantly hit with libtool, I always find myself
wondering if it was ever a benefit instead of a burden.  Any
grey-beards care to offer some historical perspective on this?

Thanks

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.