[csw-maintainers] libcairo dependency on /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.so...

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Mon Jan 11 01:29:56 CET 2010

On 2010-01-09 23:41, Roger Håkansson wrote:
> I've committed some changes to the Makefile which fixes this problem.

Seems I was a little bit hasty in my assessment...
My first fix will make libcairo use /opt/csw/X11/lib/libXrender.so at link
time, but not runtime.
I've tested with a second one where made sure that -R/opt/csw/X11/lib would
be first in runtimepath but still, when linking librsvg for instance, the
wrong libXrender.so will be picked.

So as far as I can see it, in order to "fix" the problem, all packages which
link to libXrender.so or to a another lib which link to libXrender.so, must
make sure that /opt/csw/X11/lib before /opt/csw/lib in RUNPATH and not the
opposite.
Or we just remove /opt/csw/lib/libXrender.so* which probably would break a
ton of packages.

For now (and until someone tells me it's a bad idea) I'll make sure my
packages have X11/lib first in runpath