[csw-maintainers] GAR: Category-level post-merge target

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 13 17:37:59 CET 2010

Hi Maciej,

Am 12.01.2010 um 15:37 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> Is it possible to add a category-level post-merge target? I would
> like there to be a post-merge target that is executed with my custom
> category, but I would like the individual packages to have separate
> post-merge targets.  Is there such target already, or if not, can I
> create it in GAR?  Say, category-post-merge?

I guess I don't understand what you mean "by category". From my
understanding the category is defined in CATEGORY and controls
some file to include for category-specific behaviour. That means
there is no such thing as a "category phase" like there is a
phase for extract, patch, configure, etc.

Or do you mean a harcoded _post-merge-category target which is
always called can can be overwritten inside a category? This
is easily doable if you need it.