[csw-maintainers] GAR: Least invasive way to pre-pend extra lib directories to LDFLAGS/LD_OPTIONS?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Jan 19 18:07:25 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> That's why I think it would be good to change the order of directory
> pathes as linker parameters. As this change is somewhat invasive I would
> like some feedback of some senior packages (read: all of you :-)

Gee, this sounds a whoole lot like a coupla years ago, when my
recommendations were,
"force certain paths in /opt/csw to be first, via LD_OPTIONS in your
build environment, because it's canonical and tends to work
reguardless of whatever twisted sub-build-tool is used."
but people complained.

Yet here we are again.
ahaha. :-)