[csw-maintainers] Problem compiling remake

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 20 17:39:04 CET 2010

On 20/01/10, 14:21:38, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote regarding
Re: [csw-maintainers] Problem compiling remake:

> Am 20.01.2010 um 03:57 schrieb Rocky Bernstein:

> > When I try to compile that I get errors due to some sort of error in
> > strings.h pulled in from
> > the readline config file config/readline.h:
> >
> > In file included from /opt/csw/include/readline/chardefs.h:35,
> >                  from /opt/csw/include/readline/keymaps.h:35,
> >                  from /opt/csw/include/readline/readline.h:37,
> >                  from ./config/readline.h:10,
> >                  from debugger/cmd.c:51:
> > /usr/include/strings.h:24: error: expected declaration specifiers or
> > '...' before '(' token

in make.h
#  define bcmp(s1, s2, n)   memcmp ((s1), (s2), (n))

should be
#  define bcmp(s1, s2, n)   memcmp (s1, s2, n)

and in a few other places the same.  make.h is included before the
system header so corrupts the function prototypes, it's turning the
prototypes into type casts.

Solaris has bcmp anyway so you can drop the whole of that section,
perhaps the bit that identifies the system is wrong.

James.