[csw-maintainers] maintainers email addrs on packages

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 21 00:51:00 CET 2010

Philip Brown wrote on 20.01.2010 22:30:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:09 AM, James Lee <james at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> We could also have several people receiving the emails in the case
>> of a maintainer team - or a mailing list.
>
> Hrrrm.. I can ALMOST visualize supporting MULTIPLE email addrs in the
> EMAIL= field of pkginfo. mantis DOES support having multiple people as
> manager of a package.

No ... please. Let's eventually de-couple our meta information handling
from the bug handling in Mantis - not work it even more deeper into it.

I would have wanted to assign global maintainer privileges to all CSW
maintainers for a while now, so that bug handling across
packages/projects gets easier. Currently though, our
"package-to-maintainer" mapping is based on those privileges in Mantis,
so I can't easily manage permissions in Mantis without risking to mess
up the mappings.

> However to get it to work end-to-end, our
> www.opencsw.org/packages/xxx scripting would have to be rewritten,
> rather majorly. Im not feeling up to that.
>
> If someone wants to update/take it over, that would be relatively fine
> by me though.

Any specifics on what you would need from a package release perspective?

Sebastian