[csw-maintainers] maintainers email addrs on packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Jan 21 21:27:19 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:

>> Since we ALREADY have a database that keeps track of that sort of
>> thing.. the mantis database... and that information MUST be kept
>> current there.... it doesn't make sense, from the standpoint of "good
>> information management practices" to make another separate database.
>> It would require even more synchronization between things.
>> Simpler is better.
>
> Currently I can't just grant every maintainer global maintainer
> privileges for easier bug handling in Mantis

err, what? I dont understand why you even bring that up.
Maybe you should look again at the mantis database level setup?
mantis supports both "global manager" priviledges, and
project-specific manager privileges.
that's how we do things right now. "proj-specific mananger" == "owner".

mantis supports having more than one "proj-specific manager".

So there would be no fixes needed to mantis itself.
It would need code changes to the package "registration" process,and
changes to the "package web page display" code.

But both of those things will need changes anyway, if we ever support
multiple people "owning" a package.