[csw-maintainers] Ganglia for sparcv9

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 24 21:48:45 CET 2010

Ihsan Dogan wrote on 24.01.2010 20:11:
> Am 18.01.10 02:38, schrieb Roger Håkansson:
>
>>> I'm running into a problem with Pango. We discussed this issue here
>>> before, but I don't remember how it ended.
>>>
>>> http://pastebin.ca/1755178
>>>
>> The lib does contain what you need, but I'm pretty sure that if you
>> check config.log you will find that every test have failed due to:
>>
>> Undefined                       first referenced
>>  symbol                             in file
>> XSolarisIASetProcessInfo            /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.so.4
>>
>> The problem is related to what I wrote last week regarding libcairo.
>>
>> Until the libcairo-problem is fixed, you might be able to get around it
>> by adding this to your Makefile
>>
>> EXTRA_SOS_LD_FLAGS = -L$(abspath $(prefix)/X11/lib/$(MM_LIBDIR))
>> CONFIGURE_ARGS += --x-includes=$(prefix)/X11/include
>> CONFIGURE_ARGS += --x-libraries=$(abspath $(prefix)/X11/lib/$(MM_LIBDIR))
>>
>> Using those changes I'm able to build rrdtool using what's in GAR.
>
> Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I was not able to build rrdtool on
> Solaris 9 with Studio 12 http://www.pastebin.ca/1764263 .

The crucial part from the pastebin is this one

"rrd_restore.c", line 19: cannot find include file: <libxml/xmlreader.h>

Let's see where this file lives (/q ceeswi on freenode).

21:40 <skayser> fsearch xmlreader.h
21:41 <ceeswi> [libxml2_devel] /opt/csw/include/libxml2/libxml/xmlreader.h

Change your EXTRA_INC in the GAR Makefile from
  EXTRA_INC += $(prefix)/include/libxml2/libxml
  EXTRA_INC += $(prefix)/include/libxml2
and you should be fine.

Sebastian