[csw-maintainers] Question regarding package naming, merging...

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Jan 25 17:59:39 CET 2010

Hi Roger,

First of all, thanks for giving this issue so much thought.

To best answer your question, I think the simple core fact will be the
answer to the question;

- Once you release a NEW libsoup(24), will there be any desire to
compile against the older version?

If no, then your current plan, of "update, keep old shared libs in for
compatibility until not needed any more", is just fine. it's our
standard way of doing these things.

I think you already have answered "no we dont want to compile against
older versions", so go right ahead.