[csw-maintainers] new mailing list?

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 27 20:00:14 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> The only remaining issue about the name I can think of, is that when
> and if we get back to doing regular "stable freeze" type things, it
> might be nice to have separate lists for freeze/stable type updates.
> In which case, we might keep that in mind when choosing names for things.
>
> currentupdates vs stableupdates?

There was an extensive discussion in Munich about how to revive the
stable catalog and do stable releases.  I'm going to do an extensive
writeup of it during the weekend.  If the proposal passed, the name
'currentupdates' would not match what it referred to.  I don't want to
go into any details right now, there will be a separate thread for
this discussion, let me just say that it needs only minimal changes to
the current process and pkgsubmissions would be perfectly adequate as
a mailing list name and a directory name.  If, on the other hand, we
decide that a different name is needed, we'll change it.  This mailing
list name does not have to be carved in stone.  If it's no longer
necessary or useful, we can archive and close it.