[csw-maintainers] GAR: New checkpkg module: pkgmap / pkginfo class action integrity

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 28 15:32:30 CET 2010

Hi Maciej,

Am 28.01.2010 um 15:28 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> I've recently bumped into a problem in which there's a class that's
> assigned to files in pkgmap, but not present in pkginfo CLASSES
> variable.  The result is that the files marked with the orphaned
> class, even though they are in the root/ directory of the package,
> don't get installed.
>
> I wrote a checkpkg module to test for this issue, it has been
> submitted to the repository. An example output:
>
> ERROR: One or more errors have been found by class action scripts /
> prototype integrity.
> PackageError("Class 'bar' is only in pkginfo",)
> PackageError("Class 'foo' is only in pkginfo",)
> PackageError("Class 'baz' is only in pkginfo",)
> PackageError("Class 'none' is only in pkgmap",)
> PackageError("pkginfo_classes: set(['baz', 'foo', 'bar',
> 'cswtexinfo']), pkgmap classes: set(['none', 'cswtexinfo'])",)
>
> If you want to use the new module, you need to update your local copy
> of GAR code.

Most of the times you are right. However, there is the case where only
a subset of files gets installed by selecting only specific classes.
The list of classes can be calculated during checkinstall depending
on the system where the package is installed. I don't know if there
are any package that make use of this, but everyone please keep an
open eye on this!