[csw-maintainers] /testing spamassassin

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 31 20:11:39 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 7:40 PM, James Lee <james at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On 26/01/10, 21:27:49, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote
> regarding [csw-maintainers] /testing spamassassin, bind, dhcp, dnstop:
>
>> - SpamAssassin 3.3.0, big update, note that no rules are delivered
>> from now on, only sa-update is supported.
>
> I've installed this and have it running.  Two things that would help:
>

> 1. sa-update needs gpg and now that sa-update is needed CSWgpg should be
> added to the package depend list.
>
> # /opt/csw/bin/sa-update
> error: gpg required but not found!
>

> 2. The new package includes spamd start up code.  This is good (saves
> me adding my own) but to change the spamd options requires editing
> /etc/opt/csw/init.d/cswspamd and the edits will be lost on package
> removal.  Can we have a way of setting the spamd args from a conf file?
>
> ... find CONF ...
> ARGS=`cat $CONF`
> spamd -d $ARGS
>

> Other thoughts...
> The fist time it starts svc gets in a tiz because sa-update hasn't
> run.  Perhaps needs some way of breaking the loop if not configured.
>

> Thanks for the package.

Thanks for testing, I haven't had time myself, very busy at work. I'll
try to fix all of the above and spin a new package.

For the options, would an extra file be good? I'm thinking about how
we configure cswclassutils, like with this file for user/group
creations:

/etc/opt/csw/pkg/<pkgname>/cswusergroup

I also use this with my MailScanner package, delivering a
MailScanner.CSW file that is treated like any config file, i.e.
preserved. Here we could have:

/etc/opt/csw/pkg/CSWspamassassin/spamd.CSW

You could then edit spamd as needed and it would be preserved during
upgrades and sourced by the init script.

--
/peter