[csw-maintainers] [gar] RFE : display all prerequisitepkg at once

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 1 04:42:42 CEST 2010

No dia 30 de Junho de 2010 21:31, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> Excerpts from William Bonnet's message of Wed Jun 30 16:21:51 -0400 2010:
>
> Hi William,
>
>> Would it be possible to display *all* the missing packages instead
>> of outputing the first missing package and exiting ?
>
> I wonder if we shouldn't just have it look for CSWgar-dev, which
> depends on all gar build deps and leave it at that?

I think that William had package-specific build time dependencies in mind.

As a general approach, I think that we could start offloading bits of
functionality from Make to separate executables.  For example:
gar/bin/build-time-dep-test <list of deps>.

The choice would largely depend on language expressiveness.  If it's
easy to clean to code in Make, fine.  If it's not, write a separate
tool in a language of choice (shell/Perl/Python) and call it from
Make.