[csw-maintainers] [gar] RFE : display all prerequisitepkg at once

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Jul 1 04:55:59 CEST 2010

On Wednesday, June 30, 2010, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org>
>> I wonder if we shouldn't just have it look for e dependencies in mind.
>
> As a general approach, I think that we could start offloading bits of
> functionality from Make to separate executables.  For example:
> gar/bin/build-time-dep-test <list of deps>.

oh pleease yes!
then someday we could make a normal package out of gar.
make is very powerfull, but it's not really supposed to be a
programming language directly.
( reminds me of the old tech joke; emacs is a fine operating system,
but I prefer unix)

and please, make it a language that comes with a standard solaris core install