[csw-maintainers] checkpkg: New feature, binary architecture vs file placement

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Jul 3 23:16:20 CEST 2010

Dear maintainers,

I've pushed[1] a new checkpkg feature: checking binary file
architectures and verifying them against directories.  It implements
our policy described on the website[2], where sparcv8 binaries can be
in bin/, lib/ and libexec/, while sparcv8+ and sparcv9 must be in
respectively named subdirectories.

False positives may occur if binaries reside in non-standard
directories.  If you encounter any, you can add overrides.  However,
please notify me about your case, so I can improve checkpkg.

To enable the new feature, please update your GAR sources.

Maciej

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/10410
[2] http://bit.ly/bJOlfZ