[csw-maintainers] Proposal : decommissioning desktop support for Solaris 9

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Jul 7 18:54:02 CEST 2010

On Tuesday, July 6, 2010, William Bonnet <william at wbonnet.net> wrote:
> Hi
>

> Even **sun**(beijing) had to ship "updated libs", with its firefox!
>

> Yes, but they don't provide a full X11 stack with their Firefox, do they ?

we don't have to provide a full stack either. that was a mistake on our part .

as proof of concept, would you please recompile firefox... the old 3.0
version you already had patched ... using our newer gtk libs and
WITHOUT cswx11?

if I'm right,this should be easy for you. perhaps this will make you
feel more comfortable about things.
I'd try it myself, but the odd things you did in gar made it not easy
for ME to follow what you did :)