[csw-maintainers] [RFC] splitting cswclassutils

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Jul 13 09:51:54 CEST 2010

No dia 13 de Julho de 2010 02:12, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> This would make bug tracking nicer as it currently burdens Peter B
> even when he's not the author/maintainer of the script in question.
> It should also make coordination of the package easier as one person
> isn't repsonsible for ensuring that all separate script updates have
> been tested before asking for a new release, etc.

I support the general idea.  There's a variant of this approach that
I'd suggest: instead of splitting off all the packages at once, we can
be splitting them off one by one as needed.  Once we do that, most of
easy scripts will be in CSWcswclassutils, while CAS that benefit from
well-defined ownership would live in separate packages.

Thinking about checkpkg, I'd like checkpkg to verify the dependencies
on CSWcu-* files.  How would we detect the dependencies on specific
CSWcu-* packages?  I see two simple solutions:

- a hardcoded mapping between class names and individual packages
- cswfoo CAS always lives in CSWcu-foo, for example cswinitsmf lives
in CSWcu-initsmf