[csw-maintainers] packaging gems

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 28 09:42:15 CEST 2010

Hi Ben,

Am 28.07.2010 um 05:05 schrieb Ben Walton:
> Excerpts from Ben Walton's message of Tue Jul 27 20:47:49 -0400 2010:
>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Ruby
>
> I've done some more groundwork (based on the rbgems category you
> started this morning Dago) toward getting gem packages.
>
> More to be done yet, but I was able to crank out a package from
> gem-rake/trunk.

Like for the CPAN stuff I introduced a new directory
   pkg/rbgems
so the directory names can keep the original GEM name.

I noticed you removed the forced addition of the GEM name to
SPKG_DESC. I added
that to conform to the CPAN convention. Did you have a specific reason
for
removing it? I find it valuable to have the original GEM name in the
description
so I can grep for it on "pkginfo".