[csw-maintainers] gtk - dump 64bit for now?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Jun 1 03:51:27 CEST 2010

So.... I'm looking into a "quickie" redo of libgtk , to get us into the
21st century.
I see the older package has 64bit libs.

I also see that unlike many other 64bit capable things, it's going to be a
pain for me to do a nice small clean implementation of that.

BUT... in checking out our installed /opt/csw/lib/sparcv9 on our build
machines... it looks like there's no other libs that actually USE the 64bit
libgtk.
So I'm thinking of dropping it to keep life simple.

In the future (possibly in the near future) it is entirely possible for
someone to take over libgtk and provide 64bit libs again if desired.
(heck, i would greatly prefer that :)
But for the near term, I think it's more important for us to get a modern
libgtk, QUICKLY, rather than wait another few weeks for someone else.

Opinions? Can I get a yea or a nay from anyone else out there on this?